Calvin is an impulsive, overly creative(Haha this reminds me of my child hood when I used to imagine my teachers as aliens who everyday make kids work like hell at school and as if that is not enough they give lot of home work to keep them busy at home also)
, imaginative, energetic, curious, intelligent six year old...

Well describing him reminds me of my child hood ,when I used to ask a lot of questions to my parents teachers and whom so ever I find…I was always fascinated with everything thinking in a different dimension was my trait (thou others felt it was foolish) once I was asked to write a story and I came up saying “there was a plane flying and all of a sudden it was disappeared…later it was found the plane was gobbled by a UFO…ha that’s just an example for heights of my imagination)….well calvin also has a similar kind of thoughts but a bit more exaggerated …he has a stuffed toy(Hobbes) which he thinks is a real tiger n his best friend( well hobbes is not to be underestimated his levels of sarcasm are too high for a tiger: - ))
The best part is calvin makes his stuffed toy(hobbes) to do his maths and they finally end up giving genius answers like 1+ 1 =11 …also when he trys to copy in exams his classmate Susie(who is his first crush…gosh I never had or hav any crushL) gives the same answer for every question and this genius identifies tat 1+4 =infinty so 5+6 cant be infinity…well I guess I cant explain these but once you get to see the cartoon strips one would understand….
Ha there are many things which are similar …..calvin never cared for grades because the its always difficult to maintain them …to a certain extent my ideas were also same because I always felt its proper to learn things which are necc for life …I mean the basics must be learnt and rest of them are crap…because I don’t find myself using algebra or newtons laws or organic chemistry and most of all writing hindi daily ….what I need Is a basic idea and approach and rest of them are all crap…
Well finally I want to end it with this….in my TCS interview I was asked what kind of a person would Calvin become when is big…I don’t remember exactly what I told the interviewer then but I know that he would become like me…its like when we are small we try to learn a lot of things this learning mechanisms is different for different ppl ….some learn it by observing, some are forced and taught ,some ask countless questions (I fall in this category : - )) …later they learn to get adjusted with the society and try to work together thou there are differences to get things done….
Well I guess I wud end it here….i wud see if I can write something better next time…
1 comment:
Those were really good old days pal..vroomin on the bike and listening to those songs all the distance...those were really cherishable moments...
this is in rep 4 ur comment for Bleach opening...
Post a Comment