Entry into Osmania University ….
Well I guess if I have to tell about my engineering I would have to write a whole book…
Ok let me try to remember….how I got into Osmania….
Well 305 is a weird rank as I could not get into a better college and by taking Phani’s bros advice I joined Osmania Electrical.
I was very Elated when I came to know only 3 guys got better ranks in my class (well this happiness did not last long:-))…..
Ok I would try to put everything year by year…..
First year was more like “Escape from seniors” …ha we guys came up with weird ideas of escaping from seniors….we used to execute a safely constructed plan everyday….
1) Morning I used to take a direct bus to college and always used to get down one stop before so that I get late to college (to some extent this trick used to work as classes used to start and seniors could not rag us) but later this started failing.
2) lunch break was the most torturous there were only 9 day scholar guys and about 10 day scholar gals(I don’t remember exact num) and as usual gals had 33% advantage as they were not ragged much …we guys used to sit in a single row(even thou one doesn’t fit in there everyone used to sit in a crampy manner and waited for the 6th period to start) …well this row formation trick used to work perfectly:-) because the one who used to sit in the ends used to be the scapegoat (as seniors used to call only the ending ones)
3) going back home in the evenings was the most adventures as everyday we had to run from different way or directions to make sure that no senior see’s us….
Second year was pretty cool because after getting superb marks in 1st year (76%) I understood Electrical engineering was not my cup of tea ….well the only question which taunted me was what I have to do after engineering….then I thought it pretty early to think about that …well all I remember is I gave a paper presentation on “Fuel cells”
And I totally messed it up …ha still I ended up getting first prize (God only knows how I got that)…
Third year was a turn around in my life style …I still remember tat Power systems paper…well I got no regrets for that anyway because I already knew I wont do anything in my life related to Electrical after my engineering…but that really shook me and taunted me everyday night because it was obvious at the time on interviews they would point out that and question me…I had to divert my mind and continuously do some work or the other so that I was not distressed…CL did help me in that …I still remember me solving a lot of puzzles and learning how to do Phishing….
Fourth year was really superb ….it all started when I got Placed in TCS…I would write how my interview went on in my next blog…well other than tat everyday my friends and me used to sit in the car parking and used to crack jokes on each other…well there is a lot more to write but its difficult to write long blogs in office…hope I don’t get caught doing this….
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment